Sorry for the lack of videos. My camera is acting up. I recorded 4 or 5 videos yesterday, but none of them actually saved. It's official: technology hates me!!!
So, for NaNoWriMo, instead of worrying about word count, me and my best friend was focusing on how both of our stories connect. The way we do things is that we both write a chapter and after we talk about it and combine in the best way possible. Right now, I'm just now starting to write. She's been writing A LOT. Before we started writing together, she had written about 10 pages of her book (which she now decided is going to be a novella) and I had written an introduction, Chapter 1(James Patterson style) and had just started my Chapter 2. What I was writing didn't fit what WE were going to write, so I immediately scraped it. And that's fine because sometimes, you have to make sacrifices.
The thing is, we both have COMPLETELY different writing styles. She is a lot more detailed than I am. I used to be detailed, like the kind of detailed that people hate, so I kind of became a minimalist. Kind of. But we're both working on that. So I guess my #1 tip would to be try not to worry about the word count. Quality is way more important if you ask me. You can worry about word count another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what y'all think!!! I'd love to know!!!